Data Recovery - How to Recover From a Horrific Hard Drive Crash

Losing your head because your computer crashed? Can't recover from the shock of having a whole life's worth (or at least a year's worth) of files suddenly disappear from the face of the earth? How, in Zeus' great name can you recover your files? Is data recovery still possible?

A hard drive crash is the modern person's worst nightmare. I remember when my old computer crashed back when I was in college. I literally fell to my knees and cried. About three years worth of school work, essays, stories, pictures and music were stored in it - and I would never get them back. I wish I knew then what I know now.
As a full-time writer and an avid traveler, a computer crash is simply something that cannot and must not happen. My laptop is my life - and I simply cannot afford to lose files I worked on for hours and hours. That's why I started reading up on data recovery.
So, is it possible to recover files from a horrific hard drive crash?
The good news is: yes. 75-85% of crash cases can be fixed by data recovery professionals. So, what do you do when the worst happens? The first thing you should do in the event of a computer crash is to switch off your computer. Don't even wait for it to shut down - just pull the plug. Then you should immediately bring it to a recovery professional.
If they tell you that your problem is a logical one - rejoice! Logical crashes caused by viruses or accidental deletion of key files are generally easier to fix. If the problem is physical (caused by mechanical or electronic failure), however, brace yourself. These are harder to fix.
If you are technologically savvy, there are also data recovery software available in the market. Good luck!
Feel free to check out these great resource that will help you with Data Recovery [http://datarecoveryguidance.com/].

1 comment: